Turning Off ISP Content Filters to Allow IPVanish Access
Content filters are applications that screen incoming web pages and determine if they should be displayed to the user or blocked. The person who configures the web filters can target a website’s domain name or URL or a web page’s content against a pre-determined set of rules to block or allow it to be viewed by the end user. Filters often block specific web pages at the network level by examining the keywords on those pages or by other means.
Turning Off ISP Content Filters to Allow Access to IPVanish
The different ISP sections listed below will walk you through the steps to unblock IPVanish on each of the different ISP networks. If you would like to jump to a particular section, simply click on any of the links given below:
- Sky Broadband
- Virgin Media
Sky Broadband Shield is an online tool that gives users control over their Sky Broadband.
How to switch off Sky Broadband Shield and make IPVanish accessible via Sky Broadband internet
The steps below will guide you through removing the Broadband Shield content filters:
- Browse to sky.com from your favorite browser. Hover over the My Sky tab and select Broadband shield.
- Enter your Sky ID to log into your account.
- Select Custom, then Block or Unblock next to each website category to allow or block your preferred website categories and then select Save all settings.
- If you want to turn off all of the filters, including virus protection, scroll down to find and click on the Switch Off button. It may take around 15 minutes for the settings to take effect and allow the previously blocked websites.
Click here to view more details on content filters from Sky Broadband.
TalkTalk HomeSafe allows you to limit access to certain websites on all devices connected to the TalkTalk network.
How to turn off TalkTalk HomeSafe and make IPVanish accessible via the ISP
The steps below will guide you through removing the TalkTalk HomeSafe content filters:
- Log into the My Account option from TalkTalk website.
- Select the My Account tab and hover over the My services menu and select View HomeSafe settings. This will list the filters that are currently on or off.
- Select the areas to switch off next to any of the three options and change your settings to suit your needs.
- Now click on the Off button to confirm, and allow a few minutes for your changes to take effect.
Click here to view more details on content filters from TalkTalk HomeSafe.
BT Parental Controls are available for free to all BT broadband customers. It gives you the option to filter the content routed to you via BT broadband.
How to switch off BT Parental Controls and make IPVanish accessible via the ISP
You can turn off BT Parental Controls either permanently or temporarily. The steps below will guide you through removing the BT Parental Controls temporarily:
- Enter your BT ID and log into the My BT option on the BT website.
- Scroll down to the My Extras section and click Activate in the BT Parental Controls panel.
- Select Personalize your settings in the Parental Controls panel.
- Slide the button to Off position in the BT Parental Controls section to turn off the BT Parental Controls.
- It may take up to 10 minutes for filters to be applied to an active browser session.
BT does not recommend deleting the BT Parental Controls permanently.
However, if you prefer a permanent removal of the filters, follow the steps below:
- Perform the aforementioned steps (#1 to #4) to temporarily delete the BT Parent Controls.
- Select DELETE SETTINGS button below the On-Off slider.
- A final confirmation screen seeking your approval to deactivate the controls pops up. Select Yes, delete now option.
- It might take up to 2 hours for the permanent deletion of the BT Parental Controls to take effect.
Click here to view more details on content filters from BT Parental Controls.
Virgin Media Web Safe allows you to block certain websites on all of your devices connected to its network.
How to Switch Off Virgin Media’s Web Safe and make IPVanish accessible via the ISP
Follow the steps below to disable Virgin Media’s Web Safe content filter:
- Sign in to your My Virgin Media account at com/myvirginmedia
- Enter your username and password to log in to My Virgin Media.
- Navigate to the My Apps tab and select Web Safe from the menu.
- Click on the Overview tab, where you have two options – Virus Safe and Child Safe. Toggle the button next to Child Safe option to turn it Off. We recommend keeping Virus Safe on.
Click here to view more details on content filters from Virgin Media’s Web Safe.
You can configure the content filter controls for your Vodafone connection using you’re My Vodafone options with your Vodafone Broadband. Logging in to My Vodafone allows you to change your settings.
Follow the steps below to set up your content controls:
- Enter your Vodafone username and password to log in to My Vodafone.
- You will see your Broadband service below the account summary. Select Manage content controls and you may be asked to carry out a security check.
- Toggle the on and off button to manage your content controls and customize the sites you wish to block or allow.
- Click here to check out the video on Vodafone Broadband content controls.
Click here to view more details on content filters from Vodafone.